I found the Nordic House visuals by Héctor Javier Diez Valladares during my routine browse on Behance. My eye landed on it rather quickly and I could understand perfectly why it won first place in the First Latin-American CG Contest it was intended for. With snow being a rare treat for me I’m always drawn to such images, and this one had a great feel to it and so I wanted to know more and this article came to be. Enjoy!
Victor Larsson caught my eye right away with his latest 3d recreation of Swedish Pre-Fab manufacturer Arkitekthus House #001 designed by Claesson Koivisto Rune Architects. First of all, I have a soft spot for anything pre-fab and adding to that a set of perfectly lit and well composed visuals with a striking dusk snow image got me curious about why and how he went about making this scene. He kindly shares with us his process in this article which I hope you’ll enjoy!
Lasse Rode’s did a remarkable job at 3d recreating Villa Tugendhat, a house designed by master modernist architect Mies van der Rohe. Today he responds to the many requests for sharing more insight about his work on this scene, which was done as a personal project over a period of few weeks to test color-mapping and GrowFX tree creation among other things. In this article he focuses on the exterior part of his work.
It took a long time, but here is BrainTRUST session 3, featuring a work done by Gert Swolfs The Exposition Center. Check out the feedback by Adam, Alfa and I about this snowy, winter scene.
- Best of Week 39/2016 – Potrero Bunker House by David GuardadoOctober 5, 2016 - 15:48
- Best of Week 38/2016 – Ikea Hubholt Meeting Point by BrickSeptember 25, 2016 - 17:50
- Best of Week 37/2016 – impa by Ricardo CantonSeptember 17, 2016 - 14:19
- Best of Week 36/2016 – Pearl Eco-Island by WAX VisualsSeptember 10, 2016 - 14:12
- Best of Week 35/2016 – Nanhai Cultural Centre by B&TB + SHL ArchitectsSeptember 3, 2016 - 14:04
Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.
— Salvador Dali