Getting more into the technical challenges of this project.
The most challenging part was certainly the modelling of the brick pattern. We decided to model every single brick instance to achieve the more realistic result. Unfortunately this wasn’t possible to achieve by simply using displacement maps.
We also started this project using Vray GPU. We really wanted to test the limitations of GPU rendering.
What we found out is that despite being really fast for small scenes, as soon as we started to model some context, we ran quickly out of VRam.
So we had to go back to CPU rendering to finish the project.
Another challenge was to visualise the building from the surrounding streets which were quite narrow and required a wider field of view than we would have liked, however this became an opportunity to make some of the images even more dramatic.
I hope you enjoy the project.
To see more, please visit Texel.digital