Chaos Czech released Corona Renderer 6 for both Cinema 4D and 3ds Max, with a new sky model, new lens effects, new library materials, UvwRandomizer to avoid texture repetitions, and a new adaptive environment sampler. Many more things under the hood! Cover image by The Craft.
New Features Video
The New Features video is below for the short guided tour of what’s new in this release…
- The New Sky Model has a better overall tint to the lighting in the daytime and supports the sun being below the horizon for dawn/twilight effects.
- New Lens Effects give you vastly more control over bloom & glare.
- 78 new materials in the Corona Material Library, including new Flooring, Carpet and Ceramic Tiles categories.
- Avoid texture repetitions with updates to the UvwRandomizer.
- New Adaptive Environment Sampler removes the need for Portals, saving you the time (and pain!) of setting those up while giving more accurate results Support for foam in Phoenix FD
- And more!
About Chaos Czech
Chaos Czech (previously Render Legion) are the creators of Corona Renderer, a high-performance photorealistic rendering engine. Chaos Czech is a leader in architectural visualization software, where it offers a simple, yet powerful approach for professional artists. Chaos Czech continues to bring this approach to its development of new tools and technologies for architectural visualization, VFX and broadcast. Chaos Czech, a Chaos Group company, are headquartered in Prague.
About Chaos Group
Chaos Group is a worldwide leader in computer graphics technology, helping artists and designers create photorealistic imagery and animation for architecture, design, and visual effects. Chaos Group’s award-winning physically-based rendering and simulation software is used daily by top design studios, architectural firms, advertising agencies, and visual effects companies around the globe. Today, the company’s research and development in ray-traced rendering, cloud computing and real-time ray tracing is shaping the future of creative storytelling and digital design. Founded in 1997, Chaos Group is privately owned with offices in Sofia, Los Angeles, Prague, Seoul, and Tokyo. For more information, visit: chaosgroup.com.
Full information on the changes is available in the official blog posts at :