Radek Ignaciuk opened 2016 with the first Best of Week visuals recreating Tham & Videgård Arkitekter’s “Archipelago House”. This remarkable full CG attempt included great looking 3d trees done with Exlevel’s GrowFX plugin for 3ds max. Today, Radek will explain how he went about creating the hero tree in the image above. He will cover the modeling process with GrowFX as well as the scanning of the textures used to get it look photoreal. Enjoy!
iToo Software have released a new RailClone tips and tricks episode to demonstrate how to to grab the individual parts from a larger map and apply them to segments. The graph will automatically scale and offset the UVW’s of the segments to save you from having to edit the source geometry manually. Once completed all you have to do is apply the texture, enter the number of tiles for each axis, and RailClone will take care of the rest.
I’m very pleased to share today this great looking JSN Tiles Chair modeled by Luca Catino. I got to know Luca and what a great and talented dude he is during SOA’s Academy Days in Venice and I been asking him to share something of his during the last Academy Day. He kindly offered to showcase the modeling of the unique looking Tiles chair by JSNdesign as well as offer the model too for you to download. Enjoy!
- Best of Week 52/2016 – Casablanca Tower by Ludvig HoltenäsDecember 31, 2016 - 12:17
- Best of Week 51/2016 – Of the Future by Bertrand BenoitDecember 25, 2016 - 12:04
- Best of Week 50/2016 – A year in resume by B&TBDecember 21, 2016 - 20:17
- Best of Week 49/2016 – Tampere Arena by TMRW.seDecember 14, 2016 - 20:15
- Best of Week 48/2016 – Nuremberg Bathroom by Mohammadreza MohseniDecember 7, 2016 - 19:57
Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.
— Salvador Dali