Bertrand posted a cool how-to article about the process of creating a 2d displacement texture map, including a reflection / glossiness map too. Make sure to check his Frank Gehry Titanium Scales article at his blog. This method can easily be expanded to other 3d elements such as roof shingles, water drops on window, rope strands, pavement, etc. instead of actually using 3d models inside the scene
- Best of Week 28/2016 – Ambassador Office by NmachineJuly 17, 2016 - 13:23
- Best of Week 27/2016 – Garden Loft by Time MachineJuly 10, 2016 - 13:15
- Best of Week 26/2016 – Riyadh Residence by OAOA Architecture AssociatesJuly 3, 2016 - 12:48
- Best of Week 25/2016 – Project Soane by Andrii Rodych / 3DVisDesignJune 26, 2016 - 12:44
- Best of Week 24/2016 – Winterhill by iddqdstudioJune 19, 2016 - 16:10
Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.
— Salvador Dali