Bertrand posted a cool how-to article about the process of creating a 2d displacement texture map, including a reflection / glossiness map too. Make sure to check his Frank Gehry Titanium Scales article at his blog. This method can easily be expanded to other 3d elements such as roof shingles, water drops on window, rope strands, pavement, etc. instead of actually using 3d models inside the scene
- Best of Week 52/2015 – Technopark by SubmarineDecember 30, 2015 - 14:50
- Best of Week 51/2015 – Villa Magnolia by pt2December 20, 2015 - 20:23
- Best of Week 50/2015 – The Canadian Affair by Beauty and the Bit + GBL ArchitectsDecember 13, 2015 - 14:17
- Best of Week 49/2015 – Termitary House by PixelParkDecember 6, 2015 - 14:03
- Best of Week 48/2015 – WeeHouse by Alchemy ArchitectsNovember 30, 2015 - 11:37
Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.