Bertrand posted a cool how-to article about the process of creating a 2d displacement texture map, including a reflection / glossiness map too. Make sure to check his Frank Gehry Titanium Scales article at his blog. This method can easily be expanded to other 3d elements such as roof shingles, water drops on window, rope strands, pavement, etc. instead of actually using 3d models inside the scene
- Best of Week 52/2016 – Casablanca Tower by Ludvig HoltenäsDecember 31, 2016 - 12:17
- Best of Week 51/2016 – Of the Future by Bertrand BenoitDecember 25, 2016 - 12:04
- Best of Week 50/2016 – A year in resume by B&TBDecember 21, 2016 - 20:17
- Best of Week 49/2016 – Tampere Arena by TMRW.seDecember 14, 2016 - 20:15
- Best of Week 48/2016 – Nuremberg Bathroom by Mohammadreza MohseniDecember 7, 2016 - 19:57
Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.
— Salvador Dali