Today we begin the 5th miniCHALLENGE. Crowded is focusing on the implementation of 3d Scanned People Assets in Still Images, specifically with AXYZ Design’s Anima crowd management software. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to showcase a crowded urban scenario be it outside or inside while leveraging Anima capabilities as you populate the scene. You can either create things from scratch or reuse projects you already made that fit with the Crowded theme. miniCHALLENGE#05 will run 30 days right here on the blog on the dedicated challenge section with €3,000 EUR CASH PRIZE + Software and Content for the Winners. Good Luck!
Featured header image by Egor Goray, 1st Runner-Up at the CityLIFE Challenge
Crowded is about showcasing an urban scenario with lots of people in it, be it outside or indoors. You’ll be provided with Anima Lite + Assets to be used to create your final and potentially winning entry! Anima Lite is free to use, even commercially, to create still renderings and animations. Let your imagination run wild and make the best possible and creative use of the plugin to showcase your idea and tell the story of the place. Don’t let scale issues limit you down – think outside the box! Surprise us!
AXYZ Design is offering great prizes for the selected winners!
- ANIMA PRO + 15 Collections + €2,500 EUR Cash Prize.
- ANIMA PRO + 10 Collections + €500 EUR Cash Prize.
- ANIMA PRO + 5 Collections.
About AXYZ Design & Anima
AXYZ Design develops state-of-the-art 3D products especially for CG artists, architects, and designers, including Metropoly, a line of 3D ready posed and rigged characters, and an(i)ma®, the fastest Stand-Alone character animation software in the industry.
Anima is an all-in-one population tool specially developed for architects and designers, ideal for quickly and easily creating stunning 3D animation and add life to 3D visualization projects instantly.
How will this miniCHALLENGE Run?
The challenge will run directly on the blog this time, using the new challenge submit system. these are the first steps you should take :
- Download ANIMA LITE and set it up.
- Upload you initial Concept Milestone for the challenge and you’ll get access to additional assets.
- Keep uploading Work Process updates.
- Offer feedback to your fellow challengers.
- Submit you final entry before time is up!
Rules & Criteria
- Enter the Challenge simply by uploading the various milestones using the challenge submit page.
- If you are not registered yet, the first submit process will include the registration stage as well.
- Employees of sponsors can participate but will not be eligible for prizes.
- Any image deemed to be the same or similar to one currently published will be disqualified for reasons of copyright liability.
- Any image deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
- Each participant is allowed to submit ONE final image (you can add additional images if you like, but just one can be marked as the official entry).
- ANIMA LITE must be used for this challenge for placing the crowd assets.
- The deadline for submitting your final images is 8th Last Day of June 2017 23:55 GMT
- Criteria for judging are based on composition, modeling, texturing, lighting, concept and creative use of the ANIMA LITE plugin as well as a general impact on the viewer.
- You can’t post the work you do here in other forums, but you can link to it – the aim is to keep the discussion in one central place… HERE.
- All participants must provide reliable contact information in your profile, if the information provided does not allow to contact you easily the placement & prizes may be adjusted accordingly.
- The sponsors of this mini challenge may use any of the submitted artwork and scene files as resource or marketing material.
- The sponsors agree to clearly credit the artist if any of his artwork is used.
- ronenbekerman.com may use submitted artwork on its website or other media to promote or document the challenge.