The first BrainTRUST is in session. This new category on the blog was born following an idea suggested by Alfa Smyrna (pixela) on the feedback forums and now published for the first time featuring an image by brave Filippo Previtali, who launched head first into the unknown.
The Bauhaus School at Dessau was the brainchild of German architect Walter Gropius. Building it along the lines of what we later came to know as the International Style as well as teaching and developing it day by day by the teachers and students that called this place a home. I love this style and building and Bertrand Benoit gave me a great excuse to post it here as inspiration following his 3d virtual version remake of it.
Trobus posted a nice trio of house renders at the forums finished work section. Although you can’t really see a complete house, the scene has a great feel to it, surrounded by the forest with a nice pool on the concrete deck.
It is amazing how architects keep reusing the dual box on box basic idea and yet make something unique with style of its own. Gatica House by Felipe Assadi and Francisca Pulido is a great example for that. This set of photos is a great reference for materials such as grass, pebbles, dark stone, concrete & wood. Not sure I like the dark interiors so much but the site and dusk photos are great.
- Best of Week 46/2015 – Guesthouse by ExorbitartNovember 17, 2015 - 10:42
- Best of Week 45/2015 – 70m by Bertrand BenoitNovember 10, 2015 - 10:39
- Best of Week 44/2015 – Apartments in El Gouna by Berga&GonzalezNovember 3, 2015 - 10:05
- Best of Week 43/2015 – COBE Denmark by Beauty and The BitOctober 26, 2015 - 09:57
- Best of Week 42/2015 – GHoP House by Mario MalešOctober 19, 2015 - 09:52
Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.