Colour study

Small study on colour and composition using the principles outlined by the great Gleb Alexandrov on utilising and modelling primary, secondary and tertiary model details. Also an excuse to model the stool and utilise Blender 2.79’s new PBR shader and cycles denoising feature. All modeled in Blender and rendered in Cycles with some lighting refinement in PS CC.

House on Lublin outskirts

Client provided me with a basic Sketchup model of the house, which then was imported to Blender, where most of my workflow took place.
I used hdri images for lighting, I also placed some blackbody light planes inside the building for evening shots.
Trees are from Evermotion “Archmodels for Blender” pack.
Fern models were created by me, using textures from Quixel “Forest Undergrowth” pack. That’s also where the stones and and trunk models come from.
I used grass from BlenderGuru’s “Grass Essentials”.
One image also contains my unfinished side project – Alfa Romeo Disco Volante, which I am also planning to visualize.
Compositing was mostly done in Blender, two last images are straight from there, but I also used some Photoshop magic for godrays and dust particles in two first images.

fresh air

this is my newest architectural visualization, based on the Elliott Ripper house by Christopher Polly Architect.
During the work I decided to give the whole thing a little twist, by using my own colors and change things at the building, materials, surrounding and environment.
This idea came up because I already have a white building in my portfolio and I like it more colorful. The mood I wanted to reach should be an evening after a sunny day at the very early stage of the fall season.
The modeling is mostly done in 3ds Max. After getting in contact with Blender a few weeks ago, I tried out Blender and Blenders awesome Cycles renderer and PBR material workflow.
Lighting is completely realized with a HDRI from HDRI Haven, check out the great HDRIs Greg have on his website.
I also used Substance Painter in some parts.
The big trees in the back and the magnolia in the front are made with The Grove, a 3d tree growing software which is available for Blender, definitely worth a try.
The compositing was done in Photoshop.
I hope you like the picture. Feel free to leave a comment, ask questions and check out my homepage, get in contact at LinkedIn and ArtStation.

You can visit my ArtStation site for a better jpg quality.

Thank you.