iToo Software has released version 2.2 of RailClone, their popular parametric modelling tool for 3dsmax. This version opens the software to a new wide range of applications, thanks to an extended style library including new groups like wooden fences, flooring, shelving and animatable escalators. RailClone 2.2. also features all new operators, improved UVW mapping, count mode for generators (which I’m already putting to good use on a tower facade project), V-Ray 3 and Thea Render compatibility plus many other changes and fixes.
Check this quick demo reel to get a glimpse of the main new features.
RailClone 2.2 Key Features :
- Support for V-Ray® 3 and Thea Render®.
- Array generator is available in RailClone Lite
- New Parameter node that enables you to generate random numbers for use in other operators and equations.
- Added a rotate option to RailClones automatic UVW box mapping feature.
- New Default mode: Count, allows to define a fixed number of segments to scale between the start and end positions of a path section.
- Linear 1S Generator can be built without a spline by setting a new X Size parameter.
- Added a Free Object option. When enabled, RailClone doesn’t use the spline’s position, only its shape. Use it to move RC freely around the scene (without the spline), or to create instanced objects.
- Added up/down arrows to change the order of labels in Base Objects and Parameters lists.
Here’s an early version of a facade I’m working on with RailClone. It is curved and cut irregularly on the edges, as well as double glazed with random shades in between the glass panes.
As usual, a RailClone Lite version of the software is freely available to download, and now includes significantly improved functionality with the ability to create 2d arrays using a single A2S generator. Check the full release notes, both on iToo Softwares website.
Feature image credit : Jean-Marc Emy