It is about time! Bookmanager was first released mid-2012… yea, that long ago. model+model did a great job since it is a great tool for automating the process of books placement. It is written in MAXScript for use in Autodesk 3ds Max software. It has a wide range of features and easy to use interface.
And zooming in…
Try the free demo version of Bookmanager and if you like it get the full version. Demo version has Seed option disabled and is limited to the number of books you can add.
Here’s the Bookmanager 2 Preview Video
What’s new in Bookmanager 2
Ability to set shelves dimensions in viewport by moving vertices of dummies splines
Test my books option allows to check if your books 3d models have proper pivot orientations and if not automatically fix them.
There is no need to setup your shelf anymore. Bm2 has a better algorithm for adding polygons and Books rotation option allows you to define books XY orientation on the shelf very quickly.
Big bright books look unrealistic in many copies. This option allows you to define those books so they will be not be cloned and placed by Bm2 in one copy only.
And more :
- New user-friendly UI design. It is now horizontal with every option visible.
- The process of adding books and polygons is more intuitive.
- The quantity of added books and shelves is shown in the UI.
- Check buttons for quick turning on/off sections with leaning/horizontal/flipped/series.
- Preserved presets for a quick start and ability to create your own.
- Generate randomly preset to test your luck.
- Sample book 3d model.
- Option to quickly remove books/shelves added to Bookmanager.
- Edit poly modifier support.
- 3ds Max 2018 support.
Bookmanager 2 Main Features
- Horizontal, Leaning and Flipped books.
- Placing books directly on shelf polygons.
- Placing books in an array.
- Editing dummy shelf size in the viewport.
- Books series that can be quickly defined by objects name or color.
- Books alignment within the shelf length or depth.
- Books cloning option.
- Books scaling option.
- Books quantity settings.
- Seed option with buttons for quick Seed change.
- Randomness option for all main settings.
- Predefined and user presets.
- Option to test and fix book pivot allows using any 3rd-party books.
Pay what you want
It is a paid update for all users but with a custom price defined by you. model+model says :
Each of you has its own situation, that is why we decide to let you choose the right price based on the value our product gives you and the money you are able to spend. If you have a good financial standing and our product gives you many benefits feel free to pay more. If you can’t afford suggested price, pay what you want.