Had to take some time off blog & work these days, but there is always room for sights of beautiful places on the world we live in. This time going down under with Nathan Kaso who made this wonderful short tilt-shift time-lapse video of the ‘Toy Boats’ in Sydney, Australia. Shot over a 3 day span, the tilt-shift effect was done in Photoshop.
I love tilt-shift time-lapse movies, and Keith Loutit is king at making them! I first came to know his work when he published the Small Worlds series, and I kept following him since. He just published his recent work featuring Singapore as the subject. He also seemed to have overhauled his technique for this film, having the focus being more dynamic… wonder what you’ll think of that?
I just love Tilt-Shift images and videos. there is something very magical about the simple blur / out of focus change that transforms a real life image to something resembling a scale model, but I’ve never seen an actual combo of both worlds mixed into one like in this amazing spot by UpperFirst Read more
- Best of Week 39/2016 – Potrero Bunker House by David GuardadoOctober 5, 2016 - 15:48
- Best of Week 38/2016 – Ikea Hubholt Meeting Point by BrickSeptember 25, 2016 - 17:50
- Best of Week 37/2016 – impa by Ricardo CantonSeptember 17, 2016 - 14:19
- Best of Week 36/2016 – Pearl Eco-Island by WAX VisualsSeptember 10, 2016 - 14:12
- Best of Week 35/2016 – Nanhai Cultural Centre by B&TB + SHL ArchitectsSeptember 3, 2016 - 14:04
Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.
— Salvador Dali