I first learned about studio xoio following their co-founders, Lasse Rode, post about Casa Barragan at the forums. Browsing their portfolio, one image in particular captured my attention. Mountain Retreat was created to be used as a new years postcard and a great one it is! I just had to ask Lasse to be kind enough and write an article about it. Here it is Enjoy!
Following Bertrands great 3d recreation of the Bauhaus School at Dessau, I got that many request to post more detail about the snowy image he made in that set. Bertrand kindly agreed to write about the process of making his snowy scene, and Im happy to publish his 5 tips for handling snow in an architectural visualization 3d scene. Enjoy!
I’m happy to bring you a new making-of article by Fietter Chalim. In this article he will describe the creation of his 1st place winning ‘Winter Interior’ scene, created for the IDVN Design Visualization Render Challenge 2009. I hope you’ll enjoy this article, learn from it and share your thoughts by commenting at the bottom of this article’s page.
zwischendrin has released SnowFlow v1.6. It is a 3D Studio Max plugin that creates realistic snow with ease! Apeerantly all you need to do is pick an object and SnowFlow does the snow for you! This come very close to the snow discussion at the GH Challenge Forum – might be a good solution for all those winter scenes in the works.
- Best of Week 52/2015 – Technopark by SubmarineDecember 30, 2015 - 14:50
- Best of Week 51/2015 – Villa Magnolia by pt2December 20, 2015 - 20:23
- Best of Week 50/2015 – The Canadian Affair by Beauty and the Bit + GBL ArchitectsDecember 13, 2015 - 14:17
- Best of Week 49/2015 – Termitary House by PixelParkDecember 6, 2015 - 14:03
- Best of Week 48/2015 – WeeHouse by Alchemy ArchitectsNovember 30, 2015 - 11:37
Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.