I first learned about studio xoio following their co-founders, Lasse Rode, post about Casa Barragan at the forums. Browsing their portfolio, one image in particular captured my attention. Mountain Retreat was created to be used as a new years postcard and a great one it is! I just had to ask Lasse to be kind enough and write an article about it. Here it is Enjoy!
Following Bertrands great 3d recreation of the Bauhaus School at Dessau, I got that many request to post more detail about the snowy image he made in that set. Bertrand kindly agreed to write about the process of making his snowy scene, and Im happy to publish his 5 tips for handling snow in an architectural visualization 3d scene. Enjoy!
I’m happy to bring you a new making-of article by Fietter Chalim. In this article he will describe the creation of his 1st place winning ‘Winter Interior’ scene, created for the IDVN Design Visualization Render Challenge 2009. I hope you’ll enjoy this article, learn from it and share your thoughts by commenting at the bottom of this article’s page.
zwischendrin has released SnowFlow v1.6. It is a 3D Studio Max plugin that creates realistic snow with ease! Apeerantly all you need to do is pick an object and SnowFlow does the snow for you! This come very close to the snow discussion at the GH Challenge Forum – might be a good solution for all those winter scenes in the works.
- Best of Week 28/2016 – Ambassador Office by NmachineJuly 17, 2016 - 13:23
- Best of Week 27/2016 – Garden Loft by Time MachineJuly 10, 2016 - 13:15
- Best of Week 26/2016 – Riyadh Residence by OAOA Architecture AssociatesJuly 3, 2016 - 12:48
- Best of Week 25/2016 – Project Soane by Andrii Rodych / 3DVisDesignJune 26, 2016 - 12:44
- Best of Week 24/2016 – Winterhill by iddqdstudioJune 19, 2016 - 16:10
Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.
— Salvador Dali