Clicky

interior testing (realism)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: interior testing (realism)

Default Renderstudies und Stuff by Exor

hi I'm new here. currently I tested some interior lightingstudies. Later becomes the scene more details but at first I try at the realism and photolook.

I work with Vray for C4d. I would be happy for all comments/techniqs and tips.

thx exor

ps. sorry for my bad english

Benjamin Springer
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by exor; 03-04-2011 at 04:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hi there, good lighting and texturing, The second shot is my favourite

textures are good, especially the wall coating in the first shot.

the 3rd one is definately the best

good work
    3D Artist at The Neighbourhood

Website
    Twitter

Thanks Dave & German !
    Last edited by exor; 01-20-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Default wow

The inperfection You added to your scene gives a lot to Your images. A lot of times the thing that keeps CG shots from being 'good' is that they are too perfect (no gaps, straigt crisp lines, etc..) - rarely seen in real world and subconcesly without even knowing why You reject this as reality.

Saved all the pictures and i'll definately put them into inspiration folder =) Thanks!

Just one question before I leave. How You made that wall? It looks beautiful, thought i'd tweek it more subtle =) I really like it =) Maybe You mind to share a texture? =) Naive enough to ask =)))

Glimpse

Thanks Glimpse, yes I view long times photos in the internet and try to analyse why the most visualisations look to me to straigt, my motivation is an most realistic photolook. My opinion is that all points in 3d are very importend first of all geometry than lighting and shading, and the little details how the most underrate ;-).

well... the walltexture is from cgtextures (concrete->bare) as bump and mixed with 2 noises the diffuse is only a color , dont forget the reflection

Default well..

..I do like Your attitude. Think You'll heading far far forward. Wish You best with these test. And thanks for pointing out the source of texture. I will look for that.

one thing that i have noticed is the beveling (chambering) of flor planks (pieces) are bit to 'deep' - for my taste =) but it's nice how these gaps catch the light/shadow.

Other thing i do really like subtle distortion =)

From DOF standpoint it's bluring, 'mudding' Your pictures - maybe noise would spice up these 'flat' out-of-focus places (You don't have strong light/reflection thus not getting any nice bokeh to fill up them)

Looking forward for updates.

glimpse

Thanks! Sadly i must currently work on an other project, i hope that i find sap time for new updates.

ps: additional a little update with new objects. Im not 100 pro happy with the result but anyway...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks awesome! I like the touch of putting the time stamp down in the bottom. It would be interesting to see a version with a light placed right where the camera is that simulates a cheap flash from the camera.

-brodie

hi broadie, thanks! yes its a good idea with the flashlight. currently I change from cinema 4d to 3ds max, its a hard way but i think it is the better software.

PS: thanks for all the voters of this thread, its nice to see!!

cheers exor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast