Clicky

Study Vray
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Erlon3D

Thread: Study Vray

Default Study Vray

Well .. I'm new in the 3D world and especially with Vray, not long ago began to devote time to study the renderer, and then in my first post in this forum follow a simple scene I did as a form of study.

Tips and criticisms are welcome.

Grateful.

Last edited by Erlon3D; 02-12-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    Dollmaker likes this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

that looks quite good already!
    Though your glass table might need a smooth modifier there are some weird lines on it.
    Second thing that was odd to my eye is the sofa. It somehow lacks depth. I don't know whether its the wrong/no bump mal, or the slightly too shiny reflection. But somehow it feels unrealistic.
    And the third thing is the wall which really shows if you look at the second image. its seems as if there is a glass in front of the wall, which would be an interesting architectural idea, but unlikely. Your reflection is way to specular. Try using a reflection map (so the wholes don't reflect that much) and also go down with your reflection glossyness to maybe 0.59ish with the according subdivisions. A bit like you did on the floor (which I btw. still would go lower with the glossiness).
    The floor itself looks really good (I assume you used the floor generator? ).
    But i think the whole image misses some contrast. Have you switched Ambient Occlusion on? In your Global Illumination settings? The area where the sofa 'meets' the floor should be a lot darker.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Holzi0486 View Post
    that looks quite good already!
    Though your glass table might need a smooth modifier there are some weird lines on it.
    Second thing that was odd to my eye is the sofa. It somehow lacks depth. I don't know whether its the wrong/no bump mal, or the slightly too shiny reflection. But somehow it feels unrealistic.
    And the third thing is the wall which really shows if you look at the second image. its seems as if there is a glass in front of the wall, which would be an interesting architectural idea, but unlikely. Your reflection is way to specular. Try using a reflection map (so the wholes don't reflect that much) and also go down with your reflection glossyness to maybe 0.59ish with the according subdivisions. A bit like you did on the floor (which I btw. still would go lower with the glossiness).
    The floor itself looks really good (I assume you used the floor generator? ).
    But i think the whole image misses some contrast. Have you switched Ambient Occlusion on? In your Global Illumination settings? The area where the sofa 'meets' the floor should be a lot darker.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Christian

Oh, thank you very much ... Good tips are extremely welcome, actually did a scene in tda this morning. No. And when I had time these days to fix many things in this picture. The post-production was also made ​​jet lol

As soon as possible since the progress ...

Thanks again!