Clicky

The Museum by Juraj Talcik
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Juraj Talcik

Default Juraj Talcik

Howdy guys,

I am very late to party, but I will not miss it. Came from Berlin this Tuesday and been working on this since.

Here is a sketch, and it's actually the main idea of my vision. For me, Galerie isn't about any currently popular contemporary art inside but only about Mies. It's his final work, a monument, that was finished with him already in very sickly state in Chicago hospital.

Check my cool souvenir pencil. I'll start uploading most content by tomorrow, lot's of work and crazy ideas, I hope this adventure will turn out just in time (and I'll might need every minute). I'll kindly ask for the Maxwell trial (and Max plugin), or should I send email ?

Juraj

Final pictures and few words :- )

Name:  juraj-talcik-exterier.jpg
Views: 13469
Size:  52.6 KB

Name:  juraj-talcik-interior.jpg
Views: 2770
Size:  41.7 KB
    Last edited by JurajTalcik; 08-15-2012 at 10:55 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Original sketch from first post (now left for updates, because of thumbnail). It is my concept, it will be revealed fully by end

Name:  Mies3.jpg
Views: 3012
Size:  91.7 KB

Whole building will be finished today. I remodeled everything to modular quad-pieces, which are then 90perc. chewed by plugins like deformedges and weld to add small details then metal constructions have. 10perc. (closest to camera) will be given quick mudbox pass tomorrow.

All floors and walls were created by floorgen plugin and multitexture, which was orthogonally rendered to square texture of 14x14tiles. Rest of the tiles were given same uvw mapping of projection, just rotated to avoid any tiling. I then created another dirt layer that multitexture can't creates, since it spawns across multiple tiles. More to then in texturing later, though most textures are done.

Name:  assets.jpg
Views: 3687
Size:  45.4 KBName:  render podlahy 2.jpg
Views: 3392
Size:  30.0 KB
    Last edited by JurajTalcik; 08-09-2012 at 11:33 PM.

I had to come up with some way to get measurements which weren't in book :- )

Name:  measures1.jpg
Views: 3327
Size:  41.7 KBName:  measures2.jpg
Views: 3507
Size:  44.7 KB
    bakbek, m-arch and lasse1309 like this.

Love your sketch Juraj, nice!

I think you need a measuring tape tatto for the next NNG visit, something like this:

Name:  centimeters-tattoo.jpg
Views: 3275
Size:  27.1 KB

Haha, nice measurements methods!

This is exactly the way I would approach texturing the floor. Great work there! Looking forward to see more concept, and of course final images too.

Deadline is short, but judging on your previous works I'm sure you can make it!
    www.pawelfilip.com
    -----------------------
    twitter
    facebook

Thank you Tolas, I'll need all the luck possible but I work hard ;- ). Incredible thanks to Ronen for extending deadline !

I finished some buildings around, will post soon. Spent this day configuring my own trees for maxwell leaf materials. Ugh, I have no idea what means what. Coefficient, assymetry, transmittance, attentuation.... it might make more sense that Vray compared to real world, but they really couldn't make it harder. Golden Octane render times..

Name:  stromy3b.jpg
Views: 4572
Size:  76.3 KB
    stebehan likes this.

Finally some other render. Most of the environment finished, will post church tomorrow. Playing with light currently.
    I am quite unhappy about glass, not sure whether to dial up transmittance or attentuation to get more real. I still don't properly understand what should I base the attentuation number on. Any hep ? Also, force fresnel or not ?

Name:  4b.jpg
Views: 3656
Size:  59.6 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 3160
Size:  54.8 KB
    Last edited by JurajTalcik; 08-06-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    Fouinard and Giona4 like this.

I would recommend to use maxwells AGS solution (you can set it up very easy via the wizard) instead of real glass, its a quite good solution for windows etc.

I like the stonework you did, maybe a little to specular?
    Last edited by stebehan; 08-06-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stebehan View Post
    I would recommend to use maxwells AGS solution (you can set it up very easy via the wizard) instead of real glass, its a quite good solution for windows etc.

I like the stonework you did, maybe a little to specular?
    Qualitatively, does it give close result compared to real glass.. ?

You right, I will tone it down. Fact it, certain stones are rather reflective(sitting zones) and some are not at all(from walking and dirt). I have hard time adjusting the reflection and glossiness without affecting the color so much. It's very strange system

Added nets and lamps, they don't suite the building and I am sure Mies is not happy about them, but that's reality.

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 2963
Size:  28.7 KB
    Fouinard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JurajTalcik View Post
    Qualitatively, does it give close result compared to real glass.. ?
    As far as I know it's like giving 2 sided glass material with ior 1.0 to one sided geometry. It won't generate refractions, but since window glass is so thin, you shouldn't be able to note the difference. I'm not sure if it will fake real glass absorption falloff though.

If you'll combine sun and real glass in maxwell you'll get indirect caustics which are very hard (time consuming) to render = hot pixels all over the image and infinite render times.

That's why they introduce this "AGS" thing.
    www.pawelfilip.com
    -----------------------
    twitter
    facebook

Quote Originally Posted by tolas View Post
    As far as I know it's like giving 2 sided glass material with ior 1.0 to one sided geometry. It won't generate refractions, but since window glass is so thin, you shouldn't be able to note the difference. I'm not sure if it will fake real glass absorption falloff though.

If you'll combine sun and real glass in maxwell you'll get indirect caustics which are very hard (time consuming) to render = hot pixels all over the image and infinite render times.

That's why they introduce this "AGS" thing.
    Thank you. I would love to keep refraction if possible. My glass is volume geometry, albeit thin. I'll turn off the caustics, as I don't find them necessary. Any idea what the attentuation should be at glass ? I put in 5mm as in glass thickness, but, this is only guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast