Clicky

The Museum by Jamie Holmes
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Jamie Holmes

Default Jamie Holmes

I will give this a go. I have never used Maxwell before so this will be quite a challenge.

Since I am new to Maxwell I think I will try to keep things simple. I'm thinking I might look at doing a car show showcasing the beautiful cars of a similar era to the Museum.

I believe there will be a nice contrast between the hard straight lines of the Museum and the curves of the 50s/60s sports cars.

I will need to find some nice cars too as modelling those are beyond my pay grade!

Final Submission :

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by otoh; 08-15-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Final submission
    bakbek, annkos, msamir and 5 others like this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Ferrari!

This is a bit of odd start but I thought I would have a quick play with Maxwell over the weekend with some of the cars I plan to put in the scene - The cars are a 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa and a 1954 Mercedes 300SL. The models are relatively low poly but should work well.

I may need to source a high poly model if the car will make it to the foreground. Or, alternitively remodel parts that need more res if I have time.

What do I have to do to get the full evaluation copy of Maxwell?

Name:  Ferrari_1957_250TestaRossa.jpg
Views: 5556
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  Mercedes_1954_300SL.jpg
Views: 5105
Size:  20.5 KB

Default Test Mood

Here is a test shot with the NNG model and the Ferrari. I found this cool photo of Sir Stirling Moss with a coulpe of models - thought it looked good in the shot.

This is the sort of style I think I will run with for my final images.

At the moment ther is still a lot more to get on with and the car seems to be ridiculously out of scale. That will need to be fixed.

Name:  NNG_Ferrari.jpg
Views: 5180
Size:  93.3 KB

Love your direction on this. What are you using for the floor material?

keep em coming

Quote Originally Posted by mitchrichie View Post
    Love your direction on this. What are you using for the floor material?
    Thanks, at the moment I am just using a texture from Arroway Tiles - Volume one.

Default Update 3

Hi again

This is my latest update. I have tweaked all the materials - still trying to get my head around this part of Maxwell. I am using a photo for the background at the moment - This may or may not change.

I have altered the model a little because some parts didn't feel right and I have also removed the LCD light tracks as I believe they were installed later as I am trying to go for a 60s/70s feel. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any decent images of the interior without the LCD Light tracks.

I still have a few cars to texture up and I am struggling to find people of the right era for the images.
    I will start playing with some camera angles and some more content relevant to a car exhibition.

There is always more to be done!

This image obviously has a bit of post done in Photoshop - I might do some B+W images too.
    Name:  NNG_cars_BG.jpg
Views: 5201
Size:  101.8 KB

Auch. That looks very good. Am I correct in asuming that the outside and light flares are photoshop? It looks really well.. The cars are beautiful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedhansen View Post
    Auch. That looks very good. Am I correct in asuming that the outside and light flares are photoshop? It looks really well.. The cars are beautiful as well.
    Thanks - the exterior is on a plane that is rendered in Maxwell but the glow and the flares were added in Photoshop. I think Maxwell can do a pretty good job of this as well but I intend on adding people in post so I think this is the best method for me maybe.

This is looking very good already! Feels like these ceiling lights were made to be reflected on cars! Very sexy!
    Visit my blog

Default Material Update

Quote Originally Posted by BBB3 View Post
    This is looking very good already! Feels like these ceiling lights were made to be reflected on cars! Very sexy!
    Thanks Bertrand - It just seems to work.

I have gone back to the drawing board with my materials - after doing some research I was doing things wrong so I have rebuilt all the materials I have done to date. They don't look that much different but they should work better from other camera angles and different lighting situations.

Name:  NNG_Remap.jpg
Views: 4820
Size:  158.2 KB

Name:  NNG_Remap_SG.jpg
Views: 4870
Size:  253.4 KB

Currently I have crappy version of the Barcelona Chair (It wouldn't be a Mies building without one!). I plan on making my own as I might feature it close up somewhere? I have also rebuilt the floor using Floor generator so I could get a bit of variation on the rotation of the tiles - I also added a chamfer to edge so they catch the light better. I have also done a similar thing to the stone walls. I am having a bit of trouble with the wall material - I am not happy with it at the moment so I will come back to that.

The Background is now a mixture of trees and a photo. I will add more geometry as I go I think as to not bog down the scene.

Default Db5

Just a minor update this time

I have remodelled and unwrapped the columns for use in some closeups. I have also added another car, this time a DB5 - model is not done by me just the texturing.

I have also been working up the Background and still tweaking materials!

Name:  NNG_DB5_sm.jpg
Views: 4665
Size:  141.6 KB

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast