The Museum / Maxwell Render Challenge - Information & Terms.
Welcome to 'The Museum' Maxwell Render Challenge
Sponsored by the good friends at Next Limit Technologies - The makers of Maxwell Render & Designconnected - The makers of great 3d models of beautiful furniture.
Please read the blog announcement if you haven't yet...
More Information and Terms
June 6, 2012 - EDIT : August 15, 2012
The NNG 3D Model :
Get the model on this page...
The NNG model is provided in .SKP format as well as various other that will be posted very soon. Please feel free to send me your converted model in the format of your application so I can post it here for the use of others.
I do not consider this model complete as there are bits I still need to finish like the two inner stairs and facade doors, but you can go ahead and explore your entry with the current model and go about modeling extra bits as needed. I'll upload the finished model after the weekend probably.
I focused on the architecture and marked down the site and immediate perimeter very roughly. It is your task to use this model as the base for your entry and do the site work needed according to what you plan to show. I highly recommend using Google Street View for this... I used it extensively during the modeling stage.
So... using the provided model as base along with recreation of the surrounding environment based on reference materials provided, and others you may obtain yourself online, you will have to create and submit a series of still images showcasing the NNG during an event of your choice.
Read the blog announcement for the full mission description.
How the Challenge will be run :
This challenge will be a Work in Progress (WIP) Challenge so that everyone can learn from each other and offer feedback and critique. Each challenger is required to submit WIP images from the initial concept sketches to wire frame models, texturing in progress continuing to the final render and post production.
What will you do during the Challenge
- Enter the Challenge by registering to this forum.
- Create your Challenge thread using your real name for it and say hey!
- Get the Maxwell Render evaluation copy (please make sure your account email is correct).
- Submit your WIP images and as you progress with your work.
- Participate in the challenge thread offering feedback for fellow challenger’s works.
- Submit your final entry by August 8, 2012 - 23:59 GMT.
You are encouraged to post on the Challenge forum as many WIP images as you can. The minimum requirement is to submit an image for each of these milestones – Concept Sketch (the function you plan for the NNG), Environment Modeling, Additional objects modeling, Texturing, Lighting and Rendering, Post Effects and Composting, Final Images. You need to submit at least 2 final images in this challenge, but allowed to add up to 3 more to support your efforts and your story (You still pick the main two to be considered for the judging). Your image can be an interior, exterior or a mix of both.
Final Images Submission :
Your final image dimensions should be no less then 2480×1812 or 1812×2480 depending on the proportions of your image (Portrait or Landscape).
Go ahead and follow me on twitter. I’ll use it to send out challenge news using the hash tag #NNGMX so you can filter out all but the related news about The Museum Challenge with Maxwell Render.
- You must register to this forum.
- Employees of sponsors can participate but will not be eligible for prizes.
- Any image deemed to be the same or similar to one currently published will be disqualified for reasons of copyright liability.
- Any imaging deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
- You must use Maxwell Render to create your project. You will have access to a full featured evaluation license during the challenge.
- In case you use 3rd party items (trees, cars, furniture, 3d people, etc) you need to mention this - what is your own and what is not.
- The work you submit to this challenge must be your own personal works, groups and companies are not allowed.
- You must not publish the work during the hallenge outside the dedicated forum, you are encouraged to link to it if you like.
- To be qualified WIP (Work In Progress) images must have been submitted during the challenge.
- All winners are required to write ‘making of’ articles to be eligible for prizes.
Terms and Conditions for Artists :
If you do not agree with any of the above terms and conditions, please do not enter the Challenge.
- The sponsors of this Challenge may use short-listed and winning artwork for marketing purposes in the context of the challenge.
- The sponsors agree to clearly credit the artist if any of his artwork is used.
- To be eligible for prizes, all winning contestants must provide detailed Making Of’s to be published on the blog.
- ronenbekerman.com may use submitted artwork on it’s website or other media to promote or document the challenge.
- All artists will be contacted prior to any hard copy publishing for final image approval.
- No artwork will be used in any media without clear credit being given to the artist.
- No artwork will knowingly be sold, in whole or in part without the artist’s prior consent.
- Artists may to use the images created for personal promotion with mention to the challenge.
The Rules & Terms are subject to change.
06-06-2012 05:35 AM
Yeah, alright, count me in, I suppose.
cool thing, I never had the pleasure to work with MR. ? Maybe this is a good time to look at the software Next Limit. For me the winner is one BERTRANDB King is one
Ey Ronen! for the software i just download the demo version and that's it? how do we use its full features?
Hi Im new to this what count as opening a Challenge thread?
Hi Ronen. I'm interested - seems like a good learning experience at the very least.
I've used the basic (plugin) version of Maxwell thru SketchUp. If i learn enough from this it may persuade me to invest in the full version finally! Can you send me the fully featured trial version of Maxwell also?
Thank you in advance, sir. From what i've seen from previous challenges there will definitely be great, creative & fun submissions on the way from all.
Hi Ronen, I'm New here and great to hear about this competition! One question , is there any maxwell plugin available for 3dsmax? Do let me know , thx~
I am in too !
So, Bertrand isn't judge right...eh. It will be really tough ;- ).
How much liberty do we have when it comes to environment ? Is the look to be photoreal and settings too ? Or could those be more "fantasy".