Clicky

The Museum by Michael Betke (Pure3d) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Michael Betke (Pure3d)

mbe

Hehe I'm working as an individual on the project. No worries. I hope using some drawings from my five year old son is not to much competition here. Think more of it as custom textures for me exhibition concept nit as a professional group. I also have no other people in the background helping me.
    I just put pure3d behind the name because its my company name.
    I've seen it somewhere on the forums here and found it nice. I guess it was Lasse from Xoio or what the name was.

I can't edit it out. Maybe Ronen could do it because I think it's eventually a bit misleading.

If there is a problem I'm sure Ronen will point it out to me. Would be a shame if I get disqualified.

Ps: today no update. I got a cold and since the deadline has been extended I recover a bit.
    Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences
    Interactive 3D Visualizations for Architects, Serious Games and Simulation Developers
    Twitter | facebook | YouTube | 3D Model Shop

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mbe View Post
    Hehe I'm working as an individual on the project. No worries. I hope using some drawings from my five year old son is not to much competition here. Think more of it as custom textures for me exhibition concept nit as a professional group. I also have no other people in the backg.....
    Thanks for the clarification. Great work anyway. I really like your texture.

No worries all good as is

Keep going !!!

mbe

After recovering from my cold and beeing more relaxed with the new deadline I did lots of camera setup, tests on lighting and a bit of After Effects play around. To be short: Lots of unproductive stuff which will lead to something productive once all small parts go into a large one. I also have to admit I feel a bit outgunned if I see the great and professional ideas some others have here like the landscape architect to name only one.

So today I would like to get a bit more in-depth to my final conception and what my movie will look like:

As I mentioned before I choose the topic "Perspectives".
    From the architectural point of view I will showcase the NNG in its actual environment (Berlin) in a realistic way Lumion realistic at least). Berlin as a living and pulsing city which never sleeps.
    The NNG showcase will be a classical architectural animation. I will use the straight architecture lines to guide the camera. The camera will show the elements from interesting angles and movements. I will use detail shots with DoF and slow movements in opposite to the living spot Berlin. You will see live going on in the background and coming to focus but also diappearing from it.

To underline the city-live the movie will start with a (maybe) timelapsed sun raise and ambient sounds only like cars driving, people walking by and increasing density of this live during the sunset. Choosing the transition between two time of days gives me also the opportunity to play with lights in and near the NNG itself.
    After a while the ambient soundscape will blend into the actual music track (a piano one not so fast too) and camera movements will get a bit faster and wider panning. I made around 20 takes so far and will see how to arrange them in a good way later.

Now the actual exhibition will be shown. It picks up the theme "Perspectives" again. Now the perspective of childs towards the adults. They live in "our", the adults world, but have a totally different point of view. First off, mostly smaller from below of us adults, and also in their recognition and expression. So they are a bit seperated from us. Just imagine a little child looking down a tower telling you the people down there are ants. They see the same but regognize and interpret it different.

For the exhibiton I integrate the NNG with its large glass elements also to display such a seperation of worlds. You can look into each others world but you will be blocked a bit and need to find a door to have access to the other.

On the inside I show the kids world looked at with their eyes. To assemble it I took drawings of my five year old son and turned them into huge, up to 7m height, 3D elements. With this size the adults are taken into kids perspectives as soon as they are inside the NNG and can look through the glass into their own world outside. The cool thing was he paints with our ipad (Paper App and Sketchbook Pro) so I got a good color sheme and look.

Still working on the actual exhibition on both technical and artistic. Technical to generate a good looking interior and from artistic point of view on the arrangements, color fields and how the visitor is lead through the exhibition.

I know the theme "Perspectives" using kids-art may be a bit too philosophic and not good recognizeable for some people expecting more arch-viz and maybe renovating the NNG but I really like the idea so far and have a clear vision how to show it in the final video.

This is a shot clip with some of the 3D elements I made to give a first look.

leelou likes this.
    Interactive 3D Visualizations for Architects, Serious Games and Simulation Developers

Nice Mickael !
    Good to know you're finish with your cold
    It looks promising ! continue the good job.
    I'm also working on my concept for posting something as soon as I can...

mbe

I'm still alive and now will get more and more back to the contest after sorting out some company work.
    I thought about the colored light spaces and how to set them up in a dynamic way.
    Since I'm also a maxwell Render user I was amazed by the Multilight tech which is of course not available in Lumion.

So I thought a bit about it and got my lights switchable now:

I really hope - but have my doupts - that Lumion3 will be released until some days before deadline. I licensed it already and it would be great to use it. The contest would really be enanced a lot with the planar reflections and GI we will get now. Its a bit of a pitty that we all render our hard work with Lumion 2.5 just days before Lumion 3 will be out. We just can't present it as it should look.

Already thought about re-rendering the footage later after the release again to have a up-to-date visual look. I also may release the .ls2 scene files for people to study the project if I need to write a making-off or so. There are no secrets in and its great if people want to learn.

good test. also interesting reflections that you were able to give the marble.

This content is doing us find out to where he can get Lumion.
    is a 'good exercise, even better if we share our findings.
    Everyone to do tutorial!

I agree with mbe, it will be really more exciting to realize this contest with the version incoming. I think, we just need four week to rendering with Lumion 3.
    What do you think Ronen?

Hi Mickael !
    Nice post with a great effect ! If i had to do that i'll use scale changing planes to make the light intensity variation...
    Is that what you did use ?
    Anyway: very interesting work you've done. I can't wait to see the results.
    Talking about lumion 3 i think that achieving the contest with the 2.5 version still more fair for the competition because only the licensed people could have the brand new version and there's still only one week to complete the films ! Don't you think ?

Keep going and see you on the forum !

mbe

Yes I also just realized there is only one week left!
    I need to render a lot of footage and even finish the exhibition scene. I will be even out three days here! But a bit pressure is always good to keep stuff flowing.

Sure its more fair if all people get the same version. I thought people will get the Lumion Free from Act-3D if they don't have a license. But it would look really cool with all the great new features.

I used After Effects for the light effect by the way. I always check if I can produce better quality with AE. If yes then I use it. If no, then I use the Lumion one.

Don't know if I wil lshow a lot from now on. I don't want to spoil too much.

mbe

Last batch is rendering now. I can start with post-editing in around 2,5 hours. Did a bit more in Lumion as intended so it will only sound, cut, colors and transitions between clips plus some text in AE.

Upload will be the most challenging part with my 2MBit. Around 4-5 hours for uploading...grrr

Quote Originally Posted by mbe View Post
    Last batch is rendering now. I can start with post-editing in around 2,5 hours. Did a bit more in Lumion as intended so it will only sound, cut, colors and transitions between clips plus some text in AE.

Upload will be the most challenging part with my 2MBit. Around 4-5 hours for uploading...grrr
    Hi !Mickael

I also am in a hurry to finish the calculation of the movie sequences, putting it in AE for compositing and final compression and then upload it... it is gonna to be very short for me too!!!

Good luck to everybody: many projects very interrestings! I can't wait to see the final results !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast