Clicky

The Museum by Jérôme Gonsolin - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jérôme Gonsolin

Thank you for comment Wenjun !
    My project clearly has big lacks in comparison of yours and other ones but as you have noticied i wanted something different.
    The big part was the animating process of the museum construction: i'll had to use various softs to get this results. polygons of basement and pavement were separates in C4D because there is a simple function doing this. Then i gived it a bevel with some random in it to achieved some variations in the tilings continuity. When finished with all the different elements of the project i separated it with a script into 3dsmax and then animated it with another script...
    And it gived a 1 minute animated 1Gb lumion file !!! and that babe took 178 sec/ frames to render so i had to calculate just short sequences of the construction animation...
    But I wanted to achieved it even if imcomplete because I think important to go untill the end of a process when beginning it... And at the end their wasn't so much final submitions so i'm proud to have participate of this contest with so talented artists in it !
    Last edited by 7daysGUY; 11-19-2012 at 08:32 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by 7daysGUY View Post
    Thank you for comment Wenjun !
    My project clearly has big lacks in comparison of yours and other ones but as you have noticied i wanted something different.
    The big part was the animating process of the museum construction: i'll had to use various softs to get this results. polygons of basement and pavement were separates in C4D because there is a simple function doing this. Then i gived it a bevel with some random in it to achieved some variations in the tilings continuity. When finished with all the different elements of the project i separated it with a script into 3dsmax and then animated it with another script...
    And it gived a 1 minute animated 1Gb lumion file !!! and that babe took 178 sec/ frames to render so i had to calculate just short sequences of the construction animation...
    But I wanted to achieved it even if imcomplete because I think important to go untill the end of a process when beginning it... And at the end their wasn't so much final submitions so i'm proud to have participate of this contest with so talented artists in it !
    Do you think you can finish the whole construction animation anyway? Look forward to watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by tearfalls View Post
    Do you think you can finish the whole construction animation anyway? Look forward to watching it.
    Why not ? that's a good idea because there is only a few secondes of it in my movie... As soon as i can I'll start the whole calculation and post it when finished!
    4thwall likes this.

Here is the bonus video in small definition (640x360)... Enjoy !
    bakbek likes this.

mbe

You used a plugin/script for it? I've seen somehwere a maxscript for this kind of animation but forgot the name.
    I'm interested how youve done it.
    Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences
    Interactive 3D Visualizations for Architects, Serious Games and Simulation Developers
    Twitter | facebook | YouTube | 3D Model Shop

Quote Originally Posted by mbe View Post
    You used a plugin/script for it? I've seen somehwere a maxscript for this kind of animation but forgot the name.
    I'm interested how youve done it.
    +1 for me too!

nice work!

@ Mickael & Apostolos:
    here is the page with the maxscript:

Building Scene - Mourelas Konstantinos

Thanks to Mourelas Konstantinos !

If there is people interesting in, I can publish a making of the complete process when i got more free time...

See you !
    bakbek likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12