miniCHALLENGE#03 - NGA House with Maxwell Render
Time for a new miniCHALLENGE... the third one! And this time it is all about Maxwell Render.
It will run from today, March 17th until April 18th 23:55 GMT.
About the NGA House / Maxwell Render miniCHALLENGE :
In this mini challenge you are being asked to submit 3d exterior visuals of the NGA House using the 3d model provided for you. You can not change the house model but you can add to it and the environment is totally up to you and your creative minds!
How will this miniCHALLENGE run :
as opposed to the much larger in scope Architectural Visualization Challenges going on here like GH HOUSE & HOVER, this one will be contained in a single thread. the first posts will be reserved for administrative and informational purposes, but all else is yours... you can freely post your work in progress or just final images, it's up to you... But I suggest you do post as many WIP's possible and get the help and feedback of fellow forum members.
Rules & Criteria :
- Enter the Challenge by registering to this forums if you haven't yet.
- Employees of sponsors can participate but will not be eligible for prizes.
- Any image deemed to be the same or similar to one currently published will be disqualified for reasons of copyright liability.
- Any imaging deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
- Each participant is allowed to submit up to 3 final exterior images (could be totally different concepts or for the same one concept).
- Maxwell Render must be used for this challenge. demo version is OK too obviously.
- The deadline for submitting your final images is April 18th 23:55 GMT
- Criteria for judging are based on composition, modeling, texturing, lighting, concept and mostly final result general impact on the viewer.
- You can't post the work you do here in other forums, but you can link to it - the aim is to keep the discussion in one central place... HERE.
- All participants must provide reliable contact information in the forums profile, if information provided does not allow to contact you easily the placement & prizes may be adjusted accordingly.
- The sponsors of this mini challenge may use any of the submitted artwork and scene files as resource or marketing material.
- The sponsors agree to clearly credit the artist if any of his artwork is used.
- ronenbekerman.com may use submitted artwork on its website or other media to promote or document the challenge.
The Rules & Terms are subject to change.
Good luck & have fun :-)
03-17-2011 11:10 AM
congratulations for the great new mini challenge.
One little thing. The Max File is version 2010 (not openable to older versions)
At importing the 3ds there is a message that no object is found.
Maybe you can look for the 3ds.
that's really nice house to play with. Looking forward for the buzz around and getting in!
noo problem, i will use the fbx or obj.
Maybe I was the only one, but I had a tricky time getting this into SketchUp. I ended up getting a nice clean model in there eventually so I thought I'd share it here and save others the trouble. I did take out the ground plane and tree however, fyi. Ronen, feel free to add this .skp file to your download options above if you wish.
File is 1.7mb