Page 1 of 23 123 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: miniCHALLENGE#03 - NGA House with Maxwell Render

Default miniCHALLENGE#03 - NGA House with Maxwell Render

Name:  nga_house_model_clay_preview_792.jpg
Views: 8663
Size:  214.6 KB

Hello everyone!

Time for a new miniCHALLENGE... the third one! And this time it is all about Maxwell Render.

It will run from today, March 17th until April 18th 23:55 GMT.

About the NGA House / Maxwell Render miniCHALLENGE :

In this mini challenge you are being asked to submit 3d exterior visuals of the NGA House using the 3d model provided for you. You can not change the house model but you can add to it and the environment is totally up to you and your creative minds!

How will this miniCHALLENGE run :
    as opposed to the much larger in scope Architectural Visualization Challenges going on here like GH HOUSE & HOVER, this one will be contained in a single thread. the first posts will be reserved for administrative and informational purposes, but all else is yours... you can freely post your work in progress or just final images, it's up to you... But I suggest you do post as many WIP's possible and get the help and feedback of fellow forum members.

Rules & Criteria :
    1. Enter the Challenge by registering to this forums if you haven't yet.
    2. Employees of sponsors can participate but will not be eligible for prizes.
    3. Any image deemed to be the same or similar to one currently published will be disqualified for reasons of copyright liability.
    4. Any imaging deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
    5. Each participant is allowed to submit up to 3 final exterior images (could be totally different concepts or for the same one concept).
    6. Maxwell Render must be used for this challenge. demo version is OK too obviously.
    7. The deadline for submitting your final images is April 18th 23:55 GMT
    8. Criteria for judging are based on composition, modeling, texturing, lighting, concept and mostly final result general impact on the viewer.
    9. You can't post the work you do here in other forums, but you can link to it - the aim is to keep the discussion in one central place... HERE.
    10. All participants must provide reliable contact information in the forums profile, if information provided does not allow to contact you easily the placement & prizes may be adjusted accordingly.
    11. The sponsors of this mini challenge may use any of the submitted artwork and scene files as resource or marketing material.
    12. The sponsors agree to clearly credit the artist if any of his artwork is used.
    13. ronenbekerman.com may use submitted artwork on its website or other media to promote or document the challenge.

The Rules & Terms are subject to change.

Good luck & have fun :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default miniCHALLENGE#03 - NGA House with Maxwell Render - Prize

1st Place - Maxwell Render License + PureLIGHT HDRi Pack.
    2nd Place - PureLIGHT HDRi Pack.

Will be updated later on...

Below you can see a test render made with one of the PureLIGHT HDRi's by Toni Fresnedo (in his Making of House K by Toni Fresnedo project).

and a quick interior test on the NGA House morel (VRay) using just a single PureLIGHT HDRi for the lighting.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Default miniCHALLENGE#03 - NGA House with Maxwell Render - Winner

To be announced after April 17th

Default miniCHALLENGE#03 - NGA House with Maxwell Render - Model File for Download

NGA House model file is kindly provided by Javier Pintor, many thanks to him for that :-)

The model is provided to you for use in this challenge and may not be used commercially in other projects without prior permission. However, you may use it in personal case study with other render engines too and posted in these forums WIP or Finished section. (Best ones may get a spot on the blog too).

NGA House Mirror 01 | NGA House Mirror 02

You can find out more information about the house at archdaily - North GA House / D.O.C. Unlimited | ArchDaily
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Awesome Ronen! Maxwell is a great engine! Though often perceived to be slooooow this just isn't the case, and with the preview engine (Fire) you can really cook along on heavy exterior scenes. A challenge like this is a great way to show folks where Maxwell really shines! I'll due my best to get in on this one, we have a baby due April 6th though so I may be a bit busy!

Thanks for putting this together! I look forward to seeing all the great work that is sure to come!

Hi Ronen,

congratulations for the great new mini challenge.

One little thing. The Max File is version 2010 (not openable to older versions)
    At importing the 3ds there is a message that no object is found.
    Maybe you can look for the 3ds.

Best wishes
    Stajpi

Default wow!

that's really nice house to play with. Looking forward for the buzz around and getting in!

glimpse

Quote Originally Posted by stajpi View Post
    Hi Ronen,

congratulations for the great new mini challenge.

One little thing. The Max File is version 2010 (not openable to older versions)
    At importing the 3ds there is a message that no object is found.
    Maybe you can look for the 3ds.

Best wishes
    Stajpi
    3DS is less good then the FBX & OBJ, you should try them. They are also the only option for 3dsmax prior to 2010... sorry for that. Perhaps someone else that manages to get them inside a previous 3dsmax version can send me the file and i'll host it for you all.

Hi Ronen,

noo problem, i will use the fbx or obj.
    Thanks
    Stajpi

Maybe I was the only one, but I had a tricky time getting this into SketchUp. I ended up getting a nice clean model in there eventually so I thought I'd share it here and save others the trouble. I did take out the ground plane and tree however, fyi. Ronen, feel free to add this .skp file to your download options above if you wish.

File is 1.7mb

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/384281/NGA%20House%2001.skp

-Brodie

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by sconlogue View Post
    I'll due my best to get in on this one, we have a baby due April 6th though so I may be a bit busy!
    Good luck with your new family addition. April 6th is a GREAT date, just ask my twin sons who share it

mbe

Do we have to texture the house in the same concrete look and just free with the environment or can we do everything with the house as long as we don#t modify the model itself?

Sorry to ask this but it's the first contest of this kind I consider to participate.

Page 1 of 23 123 11 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-07-2012, 11:16 PM
  2. 01-31-2012, 12:35 PM
  3. 12-16-2011, 04:12 AM
  4. 09-01-2011, 07:14 PM
  5. 05-31-2011, 03:33 PM
  6. 04-27-2011, 03:18 PM
  7. 04-06-2011, 02:44 PM
  8. 04-05-2011, 10:24 PM
  9. 03-29-2011, 10:14 AM
  10. 03-28-2011, 06:21 PM