Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: miniCHALLENGE#02 - RailClone

Default miniCHALLENGE#02 - RailClone

Name:  miniCHALLENGE#02_RailClone_Splash_01_792.jpg
Views: 6184
Size:  198.9 KB

Hello everyone!

So, HOVER has ended not long ago, and the holidays are here so it's time for a new miniCHALLENGE, small and fast!

The good people at iToo Software recently released a new plugin for 3ds max, and in the seconed miniCHALLENGE of this forum we will celebrate this release and put it to good use! I give you - The RailClone miniCHALLENGE.

It will run from today, December 6th until January 31st... very fast and in time for Christmas. This will be a good time to download the LITE version of RailClone and start playing with it

About the RailClone miniCHALLENGE :

In this mini challenge you are being asked to submit 3d visuals using iToo Software's RailClone LITE EDITION Plugin in the process. RailClone is a 3DS Max plugin for parametric modeling based on custom geometry parts, definable by the user, and a set of construction rules. This new concept of modeling lets you to build complex and realistic structures for Architectural Visualization, Civil Engineering and Interior Design.

More about RailClone and the LITE EDITION :

RailClone includes a full library of preset models to create Fences, Railings, Barriers, Guardrails, Handrails or Walls. RailClone is not limited to a fixed set of primitives, you can use any geometry from the scene and define your own parametric structures.

Download RailClone Lite, the free version of the plugin and use it in your personal and commercial projects. If you are new to RailClone, see the Getting Started guide for videos, tutorials and more help in your first steps. You can see here the limits of the Lite version: RailClone Lite & Pro.

How will this miniCHALLENGE run :
    as opposed to the much larger in scope Architectural Visualization Challenges going on here like GH HOUSE & HOVER, this one will be contained in a single thread. the first posts will be reserved for administrative and informational purposes, but all else is yours... you can freely post your work in progress or just final images, it's up to you. Take advantage of this opportunity to ask questions about RailClone or point out issues while using it. The good people at iToo Software will keep eyes on what's going on and will help you out were needed.

Rules & Criteria :
    1. Enter the Challenge by registering to this forums if you haven't yet.
    2. Employees of sponsors can participate but will not be eligible for prizes.
    3. Any image deemed to be the same or similar to one currently published will be disqualified for reasons of copyright liability.
    4. Any imaging deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
    5. Each participant is allowed to submit up to 3 images.
    6. RailClone LITE EDITION must be used , and clearly visible, in your submitted images.
    7. The deadline for submitting your final images is January 31st
    8. Judging will be conducted by iToo Software & Yours truly :-)
    9. Criteria for judging are based on composition, modeling, texturing, lighting, concept and mostly the showcasing of using RailClone LITE EDITION in your scene.
    10. You are free to post the renders you do here on other forums but with a link back to this mini challenge thread.
    11. All participants must provide reliable contact information in the forums profile, if information provided does not allow to contact you easily the placement & prizes may be adjusted accordingly.
    12. The sponsors of this mini challenge may use any of the submitted artwork and scene files as resource or marketing material.
    13. The sponsors agree to clearly credit the artist if any of his artwork is used.
    14. ronenbekerman.com may use submitted artwork on its website or other media to promote or document the challenge.

The Rules & Terms are subject to change.

Good luck & have fun :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default miniCHALLENGE#02 - RailClone - Prizes

First of all, each participant that submit a final image for judging will be eligible for 40% discount when purchasing RailClone! (There will be no double discounts with other promotions that may run at that time or with using of coupons).

1st Place : RailClone Pro license, 3 year subscription + Forest Pack Pro license

2nd Place : RailClone Pro license, 3 years subscription

3rd Place : RailClone Pro license, 1 year subscription

Default miniCHALLENGE#02 - RailClone - Winners

Winners Selected - [20/02/2011]

http://www.ronenbekerman.com/minicha...ners-selected/

----

There doesn't seem to be much take up on this?

I have attached a couple of images that we uses Railclone to produce.

They are experimental images to see what can be done with RC, I is very powerful and I am impressed but find it quite difficult to initially integrate into our production workflow, I am sure the more we use it the more uses we will find for it.

In these images we didn't need to use RC and to be honest it probably took longer than usual to do the initial setup (probably down to being a bit naive with the software.) However RC came into its own when we started to tweak shape and gradient of the staircase, a couple vertex moves and the whole banister was sorted. - excellent stuff . We also used RC to produce the curtain walling, again totally unnecessary as we would usually use ‘clone modifier’ (another iToo modifier) and produce it in half the time, but it was good practice
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Tiago4D likes this.
    Anthony Lester
    Director
    Visual Eyes Media
    http://www.visual-eyes-media.co.uk
    http://www.v-e-m.co.uk

please Ronen would not be possible to move the end date for the new year?
    this is a terrible time to work

Quote Originally Posted by leelou View Post
    please Ronen would not be possible to move the end date for the new year?
    this is a terrible time to work
    Sure... not to many takers yet so it's good anyway :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bakbek View Post
    Sure... not to many takers yet so it's good anyway :-)
    so, the deadline is 2011 01 01 ?

Quote Originally Posted by freakaz View Post
    so, the deadline is 2011 01 01 ?
    I'll set it to January 31th 2011... Hope to see more takers to join in now :-)

Happy Christmes to all of you and safe trip were ever you go to celebrate!

I think I havea good idea for this ... will post in a couple of days

Ronen nice, I had not seen the post, hopefully get to do something. I'm already downloading the lite Railclone

Looking forward to see some visuals!

Hi all,

I won't probably work on the challenge because I've got a lot of work at this time, but I've made a little test with Railclone. I was thinking to do a very simple night scene, probably in the forest or water... The main idea was to use lights directly on the model with a VrayLightMtl.

Due to some demo limitations, I have to attach all the model
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-02-2011, 05:49 AM
  2. 03-27-2011, 04:31 PM
  3. 01-23-2011, 10:20 AM
  4. 01-20-2011, 05:31 PM
  5. 01-14-2011, 01:35 PM
  6. 01-07-2011, 08:45 PM
  7. 01-05-2011, 08:12 PM
  8. 01-05-2011, 07:15 PM