miniCHALLENGE#01 - BRIX
I'm celebrating my blog's 1st birthday this August 15th and as part of that I bring you, with a big help from the good people at Materialwerk, the first miniCHALLENGE of this forum - The BRIX miniCHALLENGE.
It will run from the 15th of August to the 15th of September, So this is a good time to download BRIX LITE EDITION and start playing with it
About the BRIX miniCHALLENGE :
In this mini challenge you are being asked to submit 3d visuals using Materialwerk's BRIX LITE EDITION Plugin in the process. BRIX is an innovative texture plugin for 3ds Max & Maya that creates any type of grid texture pattern based on individual tile bitmaps.
More about BRIX and the LITE EDITION :
The BRIX plugin comes packed with a huge texture library and hundreds of brick and panel photographs for authentic and detailed walls and floors. With easy to understand parameters, each preset can be changed and adjusted in color, position, rotation and size. Though using highly detailed bitmaps for each brick, each texture is very memory efficient. And with random algorithms it is possible to create seamless and non-repeating textures of any kind.
BRIX LITE EDITION will work without time limitation, without watermarks, and you can fully use this version in your commercial productions. The only limitations are a smaller library and no import for your own bitmaps.
Here are the materials you can work with :
You can download the BRIX LITE EDITION at this page - Materialwerk? - plugins and textures for 3D
How will this miniCHALLENGE run :
as opposed to the much larger in scope Architectural Visualization Challenges going on here like GH HOUSE & HOVER, this one will be contained in a single thread. the first posts will be reserved for administrative and informational purposes, but all else is yours... you can freely post your work in progress or just final images, it's up to you. Take advantage of this opportunity to ask questions about BRIX or point out issues while using it. Martin & Dieter from Materialwerk will keep eyes on what's going on and will surly help you out were needed.
Rules & Criteria :
- Enter the Challenge by registering to this forums if you haven't yet.
- Employees of sponsors can participate but will not be eligible for prizes.
- Any image deemed to be the same or similar to one currently published will be disqualified for reasons of copyright liability.
- Any imaging deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
- Each participant is allowed to submit up to 3 images.
- BRIX LITE EDITION must be used , and clearly visible, in your submitted images.
- The deadline for submitting your final images is August 31st
- Judging will be conducted by Materialwerks & HOVER's Judging panel
- Criteria for judging are based on composition, modeling, lighting, concept and mostly materials & texturing and showcasing of using BRIX LITE EDITION in your scene.
- You are free to post the renders you do here on other forums but with a link back to this mini challenge thread.
- All participants must provide reliable contact information in the forums profile, if information provided does not allow to contact you easily the placement & prizes may be adjusted accordingly.
- The sponsors of this mini challenge may use any of the submitted artwork and scene files as resource or marketing material.
- The sponsors agree to clearly credit the artist if any of his artwork is used.
- ronenbekerman.com may use submitted artwork on it’s website or other media to promote or document the challenge.
The Rules & Terms are subject to change.
Good luck & have fun :-)
08-10-2010 05:35 PM
Guess I'll have to find a copy of Max then...
Just love Brix and I didn't join the beta team because I was very busy.
Already got some Ideas to use the free textures on brix lite.
they show up 4 me....
Originally Posted by bakbek