miniCHALLENGE#01 - BRIX
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: miniCHALLENGE#01 - BRIX

Default miniCHALLENGE#01 - BRIX

Name:  miniCHALLENGE#01_BRIX_Splash_04.jpg
Views: 1449
Size:  83.9 KB

Hello everyone!

I'm celebrating my blog's 1st birthday this August 15th and as part of that I bring you, with a big help from the good people at Materialwerk, the first miniCHALLENGE of this forum - The BRIX miniCHALLENGE.

It will run from the 15th of August to the 15th of September, So this is a good time to download BRIX LITE EDITION and start playing with it

About the BRIX miniCHALLENGE :
    In this mini challenge you are being asked to submit 3d visuals using Materialwerk's BRIX LITE EDITION Plugin in the process. BRIX is an innovative texture plugin for 3ds Max & Maya that creates any type of grid texture pattern based on individual tile bitmaps.

More about BRIX and the LITE EDITION :
    The BRIX plugin comes packed with a huge texture library and hundreds of brick and panel photographs for authentic and detailed walls and floors. With easy to understand parameters, each preset can be changed and adjusted in color, position, rotation and size. Though using highly detailed bitmaps for each brick, each texture is very memory efficient. And with random algorithms it is possible to create seamless and non-repeating textures of any kind.

BRIX LITE EDITION will work without time limitation, without watermarks, and you can fully use this version in your commercial productions. The only limitations are a smaller library and no import for your own bitmaps.

Here are the materials you can work with :

Name:  brix_lite_edition.jpg
Views: 5025
Size:  131.2 KB

You can download the BRIX LITE EDITION at this page - Materialwerk? - plugins and textures for 3D

How will this miniCHALLENGE run :
    as opposed to the much larger in scope Architectural Visualization Challenges going on here like GH HOUSE & HOVER, this one will be contained in a single thread. the first posts will be reserved for administrative and informational purposes, but all else is yours... you can freely post your work in progress or just final images, it's up to you. Take advantage of this opportunity to ask questions about BRIX or point out issues while using it. Martin & Dieter from Materialwerk will keep eyes on what's going on and will surly help you out were needed.

Rules & Criteria :
    1. Enter the Challenge by registering to this forums if you haven't yet.
    2. Employees of sponsors can participate but will not be eligible for prizes.
    3. Any image deemed to be the same or similar to one currently published will be disqualified for reasons of copyright liability.
    4. Any imaging deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
    5. Each participant is allowed to submit up to 3 images.
    6. BRIX LITE EDITION must be used , and clearly visible, in your submitted images.
    7. The deadline for submitting your final images is August 31st
    8. Judging will be conducted by Materialwerks & HOVER's Judging panel
    9. Criteria for judging are based on composition, modeling, lighting, concept and mostly materials & texturing and showcasing of using BRIX LITE EDITION in your scene.
    10. You are free to post the renders you do here on other forums but with a link back to this mini challenge thread.
    11. All participants must provide reliable contact information in the forums profile, if information provided does not allow to contact you easily the placement & prizes may be adjusted accordingly.
    12. The sponsors of this mini challenge may use any of the submitted artwork and scene files as resource or marketing material.
    13. The sponsors agree to clearly credit the artist if any of his artwork is used.
    14. ronenbekerman.com may use submitted artwork on it’s website or other media to promote or document the challenge.

The Rules & Terms are subject to change.

Good luck & have fun :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default miniCHALLENGE#01 - BRIX - Prizes

First of all, each participant that submit a final image for judging will be eligible for 20% discount when purchasing BRIX!

1st Place : BRIX LIFE TIME License (BRIX full version + Unlimited render nodes + All future updates!)

2nd Place : BRIX Complete pack (BRIX full version + Unlimited render nodes)

3rd Place : BRIX full version

Default miniCHALLENGE#01 - BRIX - Resource

Visit the BRIX Video Tutorial page for quick start help

Default miniCHALLENGE#01 - BRIX - Additional Information 01

will be posted soon

Default miniCHALLENGE#01 - BRIX - Additional Information 02

will be posted soon

Default miniCHALLENGE#01 - BRIX - Winners

will be posted after August 31st

So start posting your work & questions below... I will gather all relevant info into a single FAQ post above.

DIA

Default Micael Dillner (DIA)

Iam in! Great work Ronen for making all challenges .

Guess I'll have to find a copy of Max then...

Thanks, You are all welcome! (Do you see the two images in the first post by the way? Just checking :-) )

Quote Originally Posted by StompinTom View Post
    Guess I'll have to find a copy of Max then...
    And be quick about it!

I'm in.

Just love Brix and I didn't join the beta team because I was very busy.

Already got some Ideas to use the free textures on brix lite.

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by bakbek View Post
    Thanks, You are all welcome! (Do you see the two images in the first post by the way? Just checking :-) )
    they show up 4 me....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast