Clicky

miniMAX#01 - The Black & White Towers
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: miniMAX#01 - The Black & White Towers

Default miniMAX#01 - The Black & White Towers

Hey all,

This fast visualization session or challenge, whatever I call it, it's hard to tell since this is an experiment - and I hope it will be a successful one

The motivation for this was the interviews I made with studios MIR & LUXIGON as well as the Wadi Rum visuals by LUXIGON I posted a few days ago, and the discussion it started.

To be more specific, it was the "Whatever Works" phrase that got me going about this. In the longer duration challenges I run here between a month to 3 months you get to do some heavy R&D stuff and explore many options to get your desired end result... you learn a lot on the way and that surly helps in the daily work afterwards.

This time we do it the other way around - you need to implement all that you know in the "Money Time" - Think that your architect client just called you telling about a new project they have an initial model of and a presentation on Monday!!!

"Can you do it please?" ... with a subtle begging tone to it

You say "Sure!" but it's a short time - "I'll need to have freedom to run with it and you won't have much chance to change things come Monday"

You will probably be in deep sleep anyway when he calls

Architect says "ok, OK, just do it... WOW me!"

So...

The aim of this exercise it to take the Towers model I provide you and to do the MAXIMUM you can to get a result that will 'WOW' the viewer and tell the story of the project in the MINIMUM time possible - The weekend for that matter... and you need a minimum of 2 images, one that shows the complete towers and one that focuses on the life within the lower level courtyards.

If you can't actually spend time on this during this weekend, but really want to take part... it's OK to do this later, but you need to start and finish it all within 2-3 days.

Do join in and show us what can be done (and who know, the studios I mentioned are always looking for new talent)

After we get a reasonable amount of entires we'll hold a poll and select the best result and perhaps also have a valuable discussion about this too.

About the project

These are office towers located at the heart of the city on a busy road and the lower level will hold commercial function such as stores, restaurants, coffee shops and theater. The architect asks you to convey the feeling of life at a place like this and he's not set on any particular time of day.

Get the 3d models and some views of the SketchUP model here - The Black & White Towers Files

If you need a format other then SKP or 3DS please comment about it here and I'll do my best to set it up.

Here are some previews of the towers... without too much color and life in them

You can pick in viewpoint you like - the ones I used are just for showcasing the model to you here online.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

so this one start...from now????????????

sweet competion close to the real world criteria. I will be watching this one

Quote Originally Posted by Andryx86 View Post
    so this one start...from now????????????
    YES!!! Run Forest, RUN!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHotovy View Post
    sweet competion close to the real world criteria. I will be watching this one
    Vyonyx is in the HOUSE! respect

Nice! I'll try

I test a render too! =)

I'm in too. I like the concept, kind of speed modeling/speed painting. Now speed viz

Ahh this looks right up my street.. But unfortunatly this weekend im busy, will try and give it a crack next week,

Nice idea ronen!

A challenge to get your blood moving I'd say. I really like the concept! I'm already doing an 11th hour weekend Viz project but I could pull some nights, start Monday deliver Wed?

Here's my first 5 hours preview (not finished). I hope to go forward on another view this weekend, not sure as i'm busy on another project now.
    I plan to add peoples, trees, blocks, and enlarge the view on the left.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by newke; 04-30-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast