The Magical Forest - Announcement, Information & Terms.
Welcome to the 4th miniCHALLENGE - The Magical Forest
Sponsored by the good friends at iToo Software and based om their latest freely available scene - The Autumn Park!
[Updated] This challenge will run until the last day of June 2012.
The Mission :
The autumn park scene is available for both VRay and Mental Ray for you to use it as the base for your own story within it. Let your imagination run wild and make the best possible and creative use of the Forest Pack plugin (lite or pro, just make sure to mention which one you used) to showcase your idea. Don’t let scale issues limit you down – think outside the box! Surprise us!
About iToo Software and Forest Pack Pro / Lite :
iToo Software, founded in 1999 in Spain, is a 3D software developing company, and creators of Forest Pack and Rail Clone, plugins for Autodesk® 3DS Max® and 3DS Max Design®. Our main objective is customers´ satisfaction with our product, providing a high quality software and personalized support.
Forest Pack is designed to give a complete solution for creation of vast surfaces of trees, grass and plants. Forest enables you to combine billboards, high poly meshes and proxies, and using Mental Ray and VRay native shaders, create scenes with virtually unlimited number of objects and polygons.
How will this miniCHALLENGE run :
This time each participants will have his own thread to post into. Open it and set the title after your own REAL NAME. You can freely post your work in progress or just final images, it's up to you... But I suggest you do post as many WIP's possible and get the help and feedback of your fellow forum members.
We have 3 awards to giveaway to the best three entries to this miniCHALLENGE…
(For holders of FP or RC licences, the winning can either extend current license or add a new one if you so choose).
- 1st Place – Both Forest Pack & RailClone 3 years licenses.
- 2nd Place – Choose between Forest Pack or RailClone 3 years license.
- 3rd Place – Choose between Forest Pack & RailClone 1 year license.
Rules & Criteria :
The Rules & Terms are subject to change.
- Enter the Challenge by registering to this forums if you haven't yet.
- Employees of sponsors can participate but will not be eligible for prizes.
- Any image deemed to be the same or similar to one currently published will be disqualified for reasons of copyright liability.
- Any imaging deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
- Each participant is allowed to submit up to 3 final images (could be totally different concepts or for the same one concept).
- Forest Pack Lite or Pro must be used for this challenge, and for the creation of key elements in the scene.
- The deadline for submitting your final images is [Updated] Last Day of June 2012 23:55 GMT
- Criteria for judging are based on composition, modeling, texturing, lighting, concept and creative use of the Forest Pack plugin as well as general impact on the viewer.
- You can't post the work you do here in other forums, but you can link to it - the aim is to keep the discussion in one central place... HERE.
- All participants must provide reliable contact information in the forums profile, if information provided does not allow to contact you easily the placement & prizes may be adjusted accordingly.
- The sponsors of this mini challenge may use any of the submitted artwork and scene files as resource or marketing material.
- The sponsors agree to clearly credit the artist if any of his artwork is used.
- ronenbekerman.com may use submitted artwork on its website or other media to promote or document the challenge.
Good luck & have fun :-)
03-19-2012 09:57 AM
If I try to open the sample scene I get the following missing Dll:
Happens both in max design 2010 and 2011 installed on a Win 7 PC with Vray Adv. 1.50.SP5
Any suggestion? Normaly Vray works fine, just have the problem with that specific file.
X2 here Ronen, Thanks in advance for your time.
How drastic are the changes to the original scene allowed to be?
I have vray 1.5 and it opens fine with me in 2010 64 Bit..
Originally Posted by bakbek
We just updated the scene, now is compatible with VRay 1.5. If someone has the old version, please download it again from our website.
Originally Posted by Dollmaker
Thank you Carlos, worked flawlessly.
Originally Posted by itoosoft
Ronen, I didn't see a requested size of image posted. Is there a targeted size that you would like?