Clicky

TreeSketch 2.0
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By kizo

Thread: TreeSketch 2.0

Default TreeSketch 2.0

Have you seen TreeSketch 2.0 for the iPad by now?

Go to the blog post about it - The Magical Touch / TreeSketch 2.0 - Ronen Bekerman 3d architectural visualization blog

Would be interesting to know if you used it, what you think of it?

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It is an extraordinary application for sure! I used it few months ago and made several trees (2 bad I dont have my own ipad )
    Using hands, fingers to shape trees is so fun and easy but at the same time the combination of movements offers very detailed control.

It is by far the best way for making trees I have seen so far.And it is free.

I was surprised to see it can output meshes with over 300 000 polygons without problems, maybe even more but I didnt push it over since there was no need.

For professional use it could do with some more control over the leaf shape geometry, but despite this it is quite useful.

here are some trees I made.I had only few hours to use it still results are usable.

kizo
    bakbek, arter, glimpse and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kizo View Post
    It is an extraordinary application for sure! I used it few months ago and made several trees (2 bad I dont have my own ipad )
    Using hands, fingers to shape trees is so fun and easy but at the same time the combination of movements offers very detailed control.

It is by far the best way for making trees I have seen so far.And it is free.

I was surprised to see it can output meshes with over 300 000 polygons without problems, maybe even more but I didnt push it over since there was no need.

For professional use it could do with some more control over the leaf shape geometry, but despite this it is quite useful.

here are some trees I made.I had only few hours to use it still results are usable.

kizo
    OK!!! That pretty much says it all (show it all)

My iPad is on the way...

Default maple leaves in maya w/ mental ray

the current version doesn't export textures. I Just followed Jeff Pattons tutorial on leaves w/ mental ray (i used maya) to put some texture on the leaves (no bark texture)

wow looks very very cool kizo!

I think I need urgently an Ipad!

Do you know something about the lizence/copyright about the models?