Clicky

Pre Architectural Visualization Challnge II Poll - 1

View Poll Results: Should I add a restriction obligating participants to create all content specifically

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is a challenge after all

31 44.29%
  • No! don't do it

20 28.57%
  • Please allow us to use our own pre-made items

7 10.00%
  • Allow our own items and restrict only a specific 3rd party family of items

12 17.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre Architectural Visualization Challnge II Poll - 1

Default Pre Architectural Visualization Challnge II Poll - 1

Hi all,

Work on Challenge Two is moving to high gear and I need some feedback from you on specific issues.

This time regarding the possible restriction on use of 3rd party items such as vegetation models, furniture, cars, 3d people, light fixtures, etc.

The result of such a restriction will be that all participants will have to create all the content shown in the submitted renders, or a partial restriction will be implemented allowing previously made items by the participant or restricting just specific items family directly related to the Challenge main theme.

So for example if the theme calls for heavy vegetation then you all will have to handle this solo and not use pre-made evermotion or XFrog items for example.

Self made Onyx trees or GrowFX will be allowed in that case (or any other similar package)

Such a restriction will raise the bar for sure but will make the Challenge more interesting and each entry more unique.

What do you all think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sounds very interesting. Maybe I could do something for the first time with my crazy PC.

It is interesting but also kind of difficult to control I think.

I'm against partial restriction cause it will probably prevent those who don't work mostly on archviz.

But then again how are you going to know that someone didn't use a model he had previously made?

It is not simple to control, but I to tend to believe in the good nature of people, And since most artists do publish work from time to time then such previous items might appear in their artwork.

What I aim for is to up the level of the 2nd challenge with this new rule (if implemented).

It will force creating new content and we will see new things and new techniques explored this way.

I think it is a good idea to bring such restriction because this is a contest and is best when people are awarded with 100% self-work.
    Moreover I think this forum and contest brings quality to arch-vis industry and is being a pioneer with bringing people upto front who really love their job and have great effort.

I can see this as being something like 6 of one, half dozen of the other (limey expression) If someone opens up a standard tree in onyx and tweeks a couple of parameters is it techincally theirs? On the other hand, if you only use something like sketchup I would think creating trees from scratch would be a major pita.

I think to restrict it to purely self made stuff may limit the number of possibly entries and not necessarily for the better. I know people who can model anything in max but their renderings aren't that great amd I know people who can just about make a box in max but can render out masterpeices.

I'm all for 100% user-created images, but only if there are no restrictions/guidelines put in place regarding what the image must contain.. That way there will be a much wider variety of work submitted and people won't feel forced in any single direction.

Maybe I'll actually finish this time...

Evermotion did something similar and it went pretty well.I guess its ok and its a challenge anyway.

voted for the first option, but please dont make a challenge that calls for heavy vegetation... it seems totally unnecessary and can make the competition about who has the most RAM and not the architectural or artistic merit of the image created.

if you use something ..... just say

I agree about custom models but not for vegetation (if we need to use).

Quote Originally Posted by pixela View Post
    I think it is a good idea to bring such restriction because this is a contest and is best when people are awarded with 100% self-work.
    I fully agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast