Clicky

Jamie Holmes
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Holmes

Default Jamie Holmes

Hi Everyone

These are the final renders that I am submitting for the competition. I have very much enjoyed the process and am looking foward to the next. I really enjoyed the premise for this competition (Hover and the prefab beginnings) - something different from the usual.

There has been alot of great work so far and I am looking forward to seeing everyones final submissions!

Anyways - final images below

Exterior:

Hires link: http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7...am01final1.jpg

Interior: Although technically still outside - While in the space inside the complex I felt this showcased the hovering of the design more successfully than a shot inside one of the prefab units.

Hires link: http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/927...cam02final.jpg

These next two are just some extra views I liked

The preview images are on page 4 of my thread.

Hires link: http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/102...cam03final.jpg

Hires link: http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/1...cam04final.jpg

A big thanks to Ronen for putting on such a great competition and many thanks to everyone who gave me feedback and goodluck to everyone who entered!!

Original First Post below

Hi all

I would like to give this very interesting comp a go.

I have decided to go with a high density urban block - a 3d suburb. Say each person buys a 9m x 9m x 10m piece of grid (or whatever they can afford really) and they can fitout this space from PREFAB however they choose.

The initial grid structure will include green areas and major services hovering inside. These will sell like hotcakes, so get in quick!

Goodluck to everyone else!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by otoh; 10-29-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Added Final Submissions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Some basic blocking

The idea is that the prefab units will sit within a very light structural grid giving the illusion of floating. At the moment because everthing is white it doesn't appear that way. However, I am confident this will eventually show

Last edited by otoh; 08-02-2010 at 02:44 AM.

I like your concept very much! The initial inner view point looks very promising. Your layout will have to relay on high percentage of open space within to contrast the actual dwellings and hovering situations.

Are you sure about keeping it all in a BOX or will you allow for elements to hover out of the master grid?

Loving this idea - slightly Mad Max in a way - could picture it sitting over some sort of nuclear wasteland...

Default A minor update.

I have been playing around with the PREFAB parts to make up some of the "Pods" for this design. I will add more detail as I get into the overall design.

Bakbek: You are absolutely correct - positive vs. negative. I have thinned down the structural grid quite alot to achieve more of a hover feeling. I believe once I add some vertical circulation this will add some more strength to the idea.

Stompin Tom: Very interesting project.

Bwana Kahawa: Cheers. Definitely could go that way. At the moment I am trying to figure what way I will go. I'm thinking a lush 3d Garden - near future green suburb or something?

Default Update

I have been working on some hanging plants using particle flow. A few more tweaks and they should work well and the materials need a bit of work.

I am hoping that by having these types of plants everywhere it will add to the hovering feel of the structure.

I have also started to add circulation and a bit of work has been done to the base of the building.

I will just plug away at the detail now and decide on some sort of lighting.

I would quite like to update the thumbnails as well. I gave it ago last week but failed miserably.

Sorry to be such a noob at this! If someone could help me out that would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by otoh View Post
    I would quite like to update the thumbnails as well. I gave it ago last week but failed miserably.

Sorry to be such a noob at this! If someone could help me out that would be much appreciated.
    Check back your first post in this thread in advanced edit mode... you will see the thumbnail field in there... I added the url of one of the new images.

wooooooooooooowwwwwwww.......lovin dis.......

nice....reminds me of a old uni project I did called plug n play

Just a detail update - Started to model the glass lift towers and platforms. Still not sure where this is going - might be in over my head. I don't even know if my computer will handle all the detail!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-01-2010, 12:30 PM
  2. 11-13-2010, 02:30 AM
  3. 11-09-2010, 02:21 PM
  4. 11-05-2010, 10:15 PM
  5. 10-17-2010, 07:26 PM
  6. 09-28-2010, 09:44 AM
  7. 09-26-2010, 06:37 PM
  8. 09-26-2010, 05:03 PM
  9. 09-26-2010, 02:37 PM
  10. 09-26-2010, 08:59 AM