Clicky

Emporium Melbourne
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Atomica
  • 1 Post By Atomica

Thread: Emporium Melbourne

Default Emporium Melbourne - Cinematic Film

Thought it about time to contribute some of our work to Ronen's superb forum and thought what better project to start with showcasing our Emporium Melbourne cinematic film that was featured in 2011 Vray Architectural Demo Reel for 2011.

Emporium Melbourne . . . part video, part fashion show, this film treats the Emporium logo as the preeminent catwalk of retail, drawing on the parallel between high fashion, glamour and contemporary, hip visual sensibilities and production value to relate the quality of the final project. The fast pace of the edit, cut between aerial footage, high fashion b-roll and CG elements of the design with our smoking hot model strutting throughout will relate a sexy, energetic mood. The film we created is not about architectural study, it's about sex appeal and brand relations.

The project was the culmination of 6 months pre planning thru preliminary fly throughs, planning renders and interior design. With world wide design aficionado's Wonderwall, Atomic 3D's task was to create a stunning retail design experience. Using our original creative concept, and with only 9 weeks to complete the project we enagaged the phenomenal resources of Neoscape to shoot greenscreen elements in New York, using our 3D building and retail tenancy models to render, then complete the post production in their Boston head office under the personal direction of Atomic 3D's director Scott Ballis.

We were awarded a surprising accolade by being the first Australian company to be featured amongst 12 of the worlds best on the 2011 Vray Architectural Showreel. Quite an achievement for a boutique 3D studio based in Melbourne Australia. We truly hope you like what we love to do . . . create immersive 3D visualizations and have 3 more films in pre-production now which we will post in due course . . .

[url]www.atomic3d.com.au/animation/Films/EMPORIUM-MELBOURNE
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Atomica; 09-04-2012 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Additional info for the title

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

nic

you outsourced it to NEOSCAPE?
    how did that come about? fairly strange arrangement especially with a whole 9 weeks to complete.

looks like a neoscape job - which parts did you do?

To answer your query re what we did and did not do the information below should clear any up doubts . . .

My team at Atomic 3D had spent the better part of the previous 6 months building a highly detailed master model of the entire heritage site, surrounding streetscape and proposed new buildings. We then completed a series of 7 stunning photomontage renders for council (one of which Ronen has posted) . . . . and 4 minute exterior/interior planning animation with soundtrack and basic post production effects.

Within the last 3 months of the above timeframe we built over 250 medium res shop models, complete with retail shelving systems, accessories and lighting. Of these 250 shops we highly detailed over 50 of them for the animation and further marketing stills.

All of the above models were then used to create a second 'master' model from which we built a fully interactive 'virtual' iPad and PC based app . . . allowing the client and their sales team to fly anywhere within the modeled environment in real time. This was a second project that took an additional 16 weeks to develop where the user could hit a button and the whole building would 'slice and dice' pulling whole floors away revealing each floor, its fitted out shops complete with tenancy data on sizes and leasing prices.

In regards to the cinematic film, the client gave us 9 weeks to complete the film where the render farm I had at the time could not handle such a job in such short time frames. Within the first week I created a cinematic vision for what I wanted to see, called Neoscape direct and negotiated an agreement and price. Once they saw the amount of work we had done and at the quality we had modeled too they were extremely excited about becoming 'project partners' on a retail film. We sent them the architectural fly through, every model we had built, complete with maps, proxies and preliminary film camera's. They sent us model updates, adjusted camera's, updated storyboards and animatic's.

In the context of what was required to complete the animation, and who did what, we are each regarded as 'equal' partners. The relationship with Neoscape is open ended, and bound with great mutual respect but they were blown away with the level of detail and the amount of modeling work my company had created to allow them to embelish, enhance, render and post production edit the final film.

Neoscape gave my team full access to their extraordinary resources and staff, they enhanced and highly polished a vision Atomic 3D had well and truly started long before the call went out. I worked very closely at very late hours with Eric Altman and Carlos Cristerna on daily updates to 3D camera's and off line edit's to ensure that my original vision was met. In the final stages of the film I flew to New York and Boston and directed them through last minute model updates, camera changes, and was on set whilst Eric and co were shooting our Australian Sydney model Simone in their greenscreen studio.

Since the films release in July of 2011, we were included on the 2011 Vray Architectural showreel and have backed that up again this year with our Chadstone Capital Retail Film, having completed this only 4 weeks ago . . . and after after installing a brand new much larger render farm early this year ! We have just completed a 'New York by Gehry' inspired film for the soon to be released Tower Melbourne project, and have 2 other architectural films in pre production as I write.

We are still to this day working on animation updates and an extraordinary number of marketing/leasing renders for the client and the Emporium Melbourne project most of which we can't show until the project is built as they are well known international brands who require strict secrecy.

All in all myself and my staff are in debted to Eric, Carlos, Dick and the Neoscape team for their tireless effort, attention to detail and professionalism. To partner with the 'gods' of architectural cinematic film making was a life long passion and having forged very strong bonds with them as we are excited about any other future projects we can once again work together on . . . .

nic

wow thanks for the detailed breakdown.

its a very interesting approach to work in conjunction with another studio and it sounds like it all went smoothly and resulted in a nice product.

is the 'New York by Gehry' style tower job by any chance a EF design?

Nic my pleasure to explain . . . decision was not cheap but an easy one to make, for the only way Atomic 3D would work in conjunction would be with an international company such as Neoscape and not a local or Australian based competitor

Regarding the Tower Melbourne project, you will have to wait and see on the 21st September when I launch it on my website . . .

nic

Looking forward to seeing that Tower Melbourne project. Do you ever colloborate with any local studios to expand capability on larger projects?

nice work,how many people did you have to finish such work?

Angela so sorry for late reply (6 months late !) we had an in house team of 6 working on it with anywhere from 12 - 15 at Neoscape including modelers, film crew, director, edit and effects.
    bakbek likes this.