I’m normally don’t get so worked up about a beta release, but iToo Software has been very busy adding features and fine tuning Forest Pack Pro and it shows in the new 3.7.1b release. The introduction of multiple areas, real-time feedback, painting and better spline & overall control make it even stronger landscaping solution then ever before (and you can do much more than just landscaping with it as you know).
The new beta brings with it some interesting and powerful new features (as well as many fixes too):
- Multiple areas by object.
- Scattering performance improved.
- Collision detection with external objects.
- New Paint tool integrated with areas.
- Improved performance for complex splines.
- Scale falloff by distance to the camera.
Check out the video showcasing all the new good stuff… but before you do – make sure you did grab the free Lake with Pier scene that was provided here a few days ago.
Make sure to read the full Forest Pack Pro 3.7.1 Bete Release Announcement on the iToo’s forum… Now I’ll go an play with it a bit more