The house model for this Challenge will be provided for you. You will have to create two images – Exterior and Interior. The environment is totally up to you but keep the basic house geometry as it is… other than that you can do whatever you like. You might want to add some details here and there depending the viewpoints you pick since some areas of the model have less detail then others
About GH House 3d model
GH House was designed by Dunsky Kornhauser Architects, an Israeli based firm. By downloading and using the house model you agree to credit ronenbekerman.com blog and original author of the model – Ronen Bekerman. Other then that you may use it for anything you like other then actually building a real house based on this design… the architects will not like that
How the Challenge will be run
This challenge will be a Work in Progress (WIP) Challenge so that everyone can learn from each other and offer feedback and critique. Each challenger is required to submit WIP images, from the initial concept sketch to wire frame models, texturing in progress continuing to the final render and post production.
What will you do during the Challenge
- Enter the Challenge by registering to the blog forum.
- Create your Challenge thread and say hey!
- Submit your WIP images on a regular basis.
- Reserve the first post of your thread for milestone images
- Participate in the Challenge forum offering feedback for fellow challengers works.
- Submit your final entry between 1st and 15th of March 2010.
You are encouraged to post on the Challenge forum as many WIP images as you can. The minimum requirement is to submit an image for each of these milestones – Concept Sketch, Environment Modeling, Texturing, Lighting and Rendering Post Effects and Composting, Final Image. You need to submit two final images in this challenge – Exterior and Interior.
Final Images Submission
Your final two images dimensions should be in print resolution (as large as you can possibly render). As a guideline the minimum size of final images should be 3636×2657 or 2657×3636 depending on the proportions of your image (Portrait or Landscape). Try to avoid resizing to achieve this minimum.
- You must register to the blog forums.
You must follow me on
- Employees of sponsors cannot enter this challenge.
- Any image deemed to be the same or similar to one currently published will be disqualified for reasons of copyright liability.
- Any imaging deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
- You can use any kind of software to create your project (full licenses or trial demos allowed).
- The work you submit to this Challenge must be your own personal works, groups and companies are not allowed.
- Only one submission per artist is allowed
- You must not publish the work during the Challenge outside the dedicated forum, you can link to it if you like.
- The Challenge commences on 15 December 2009 and will run until 15 March 2010.
- Final images submitted after 15 March 2010 will not participate in the judging stage.
- To be qualified WIP (Work In Progress) images must have been submitted during the Challenge.
- All winners are required to write making of’ articles to be eligible for prizes.
Terms and Conditions for Artists
- The sponsors of this Challenge may use short-listed and winning artwork for marketing purposes in the context of the Challenge.
- The sponsors agree to clearly credit the artist if any of his artwork is used.
- To be eligible for prizes, all winning contestants must provide detailed Making Of’s to be published on the blog.
- ronenbekerman.com may use submitted artwork in on it’s website or other to promote or document the Challenge.
- All artists will be contacted prior to any hard copy publishing for final image approval.
- No artwork will be used in any media without clear credit being given to the artist.
- No artwork will knowingly be sold, in whole or in part, by the sponsors outside of the context of the Challenge.
- No artwork will be used outside the challenge without the artist’s prior consent.
- Artists may to use the images created for personal promotion.
If you do not agree with any of the above terms and conditions, please do not enter the Challenge.
The Rules & Terms are subject to change.